Indian actress, artist, and product designer Lekah Washington has worked in Kannada, Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu language films. In 2002, she received recognition for the first time for her sculptures. She then went on to perform as a theater actress in Chennai. Lekha’s breakthrough performance came as a neutral, estranged sister in Jayamkondaan (2008), following her appearance as a result of the video jockey with SS Music. She has since held roles in the comedy Va and the multi-starrer Vedam.
Lekha Washington Wiki
|Actress, Artist, Product Designer, Lyricist
|Date of birth
|30 April, 1984
|5 feet 6 inch
|Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|The Good Shepherd School, Chennai
|Stella Maris College, Chennai
The National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
|1 million dollar
Lekha Washington Career
On April 30, 1984, Lekha Washington was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. She is the daughter of a Maharashtrian mother Geeta and a mixed-race Burmese, Italian, and Punjabi father Kenneth.
Despite having a mixed heritage, Lekha has stated that she prefers to identify as Tamilian because of her Chennai upbringing. She also speaks English, Tamil, and Marathi at home. She is a devoted supporter of the Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League.
View this post on Instagram
Lekha studied Fantastic Arts at Stella Maris College in Chennai. She then went to the Nationwide Institute of Design, which was accepting applications. Initially, she applied for a Life-style Product Design course, but later, she reapplied to enroll in the Movie and Video Communication program.
During her filmmaking exploration, she chose to pursue a career in “front of a camera, rather than from behind.” She completed three quick films during the course, named Spoonerism, Catch 22, and Sunn, with settings ranging from Mauritius to Myanmar.
Lekha Washington Husband
Beautiful Lekha Washington married journalist Pablo Chaterji, her eight-year partner. Pablo is the son of respected English theater man Dhritiman Chaterji, a well-known theater artist.
Facts About Lekha Washington
- Lekha Washington was born to a Maharashtrian mother and a father with mixed Burmese, Italian, and Punjabi ancestry.
- She traveled to Mauritius and Myanmar to create three short films during her filmmaking career: Spoonerism, Catch 22, and Sunn.
- Lekha is presently balancing three careers: acting, art, and entrepreneurship. She also recently started writing lyrics after penning two songs, Be Still and Shimmy Shake, for the 2017 film Rangoon.
- As an actress, she has performed in over fifteen Tamil and Telugu Kannada films, two of which were unreleased Bollywood productions with Amitabh Bachchan, Anil Kapoor, and Ajay Devgn among the big names.
- Her first career was as a sculptor because, in her words, “sculpting just comes naturally” to her. She made human heads out of a roll of freshly made flour dough when she was eight years old, which was the first time she ever got her hands dirty in sculpture.
- At the age of eighteen, Lekha organized her first exhibition at the Lalit Kala Akademi in Chennai.
- Lekha, who was born and raised in Chennai, currently resides in an ancestral home in Mumbai. It is located in the 150-year-old Ranwar village in Bandra. Lekha’s studio is located on the building’s first floor.
- Lekha describes her late grandmother Bhavatharani Ghorpade as creative, determined, pig-headed, and a trailblazer who had a significant influence on her. She also runs a product design company called AJJI.
- She has designed numerous products in her capacity as a product designer, the most well-known of which is The Pink Sink, a chair that appears too small to sit on until you do, at which point you discover it’s surprisingly comfy.
- Another is The Drop, which is the chair that resembles a drop falling from the ceiling, as the name implies.
- The Dot, a very comfortable chair that effortlessly pivots on the wall like an LED television, is the best piece of her work. The fundamental notion underlying The dot was a bindi.
- Deepika Padukone sat on The Dot, which was the subject of the India Today cover story.
- On the cover of India Today, alongside Katrina Kaif, Ranveer Singh, Sachin Tendulkar, Deepak Chopra, and Abdullah Abdullah, was another piece of her furniture, The Atoms.
- Lekha began a new project in 2018 named “This Too Shall Pass – Moondancer,” a 12-foot helium globe shaped like the moon that rotates on its axis to represent the various phases of the lunar cycle. It was chosen to be on display at the annual Burning Man Festival, which takes place in Black Rock City, Western United States.
Imran and Lekha Began Dating When?
The pair was first seen holding hands at Kriti Kharbanda’s birthday celebration in 2021. The couple was spotted together this year on the same occasion, seemingly confirming their relationship. Lekha was wearing a gorgeous white outfit with a floral print, while Imran was wearing a blue T-shirt and white pants.
Lekha Washington Was Born When and Where?
On April 30, 1986, Lekha Washington was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
What Has Made Lekha Washington Well-known?
Lekha Washington gained notoriety for her performances in Indian movies, especially for her lead role in “Unnale Unnale” (2007). She is well-known for her work as a television host and product designer in addition to her acting career.
Could You Elaborate on Lekha’s Experience Working as a Product Designer?
Lekha Washington is a gifted product designer in addition to being an actress. She has demonstrated her design abilities through participation in a variety of creative projects.
Which Tongues Speak Lekha Washington Well?
Lekha speaks Tamil, English, and maybe other languages with ease.
Which Noteworthy Films Has Lekha Washington Acted in?
Lekha Washington has several noteworthy films to her credit, including the 2007 Tamil film “Unnale Unnale” and other projects in various languages.