Indian politician Mahua Moitra is a member of the All India Trinamool Congress. She represents West Bengal’s Krishnanagar district in the 17th Lok Sabha. Mahua Moitra is a politician from West Bengal’s Krishnanagar district who is a member of the 17th Lok Sabha and has ties to the TMC.
As an All India Trinamool Congress (AITC) party representative, she was elected to the Indian general assembly in 2019. Moitra was the AITC’s national and general secretary for several years.
In this article, you will get to know about Mahua Moitra Husband, Wiki, Age, Height, Career, Networth
Mahua Moitra wiki
|Date of birth
|5 May 1975
|5 feet 6 inch
|Kolkata, West Bengal
|Mount Holyoke College, Massachusetts, United States
|Indian National Congress (Youth Congress; 2008-2010)
All India Trinamool Congress (TMC; 2010-Present)
|Father: Dwipendra Lal Moitra
Mother: Manju Moitra
Mahua Moitra’s Early Life
On May 5, 1974, Mahua Moitra was born in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Her family has a history of social activism and politics. Harish Chandra Moitra, her father, was an Indian National Congress member of parliament. After completing her education at Kolkata’s Loreto House, Mahua Moitra went overseas to continue her studies.
She graduated from Mount Holyoke College in Massachusetts, USA, with a degree in mathematics and economics. She worked in finance and business roles in the corporate sector after completing her education and gaining professional experience
Mahua Moitra was employed by the Mumbai-based investment firm Warburg Pincus and the London-based JPMorgan Chase before entering politics. Her experience in business gave her a solid foundation in finance and economics, which subsequently influenced her viewpoints on economic issues and policies in politics.
View this post on Instagram
2019 saw Mahua Moitra return to active politics. She ran successfully for the All India Trinamool Congress (AITC) in the Lok Sabha elections and won the seat representing West Bengal’s Krishnanagar constituency. Her approach to politics has been shaped by her early life and professional experiences; she is well-known for her well-spoken speeches and firm positions on a range of sociopolitical issues.
Mahua Moitra Career
Mahua Moitra joined the Indian National Congress in 2008. Working hard and making quick progress, she became a well-respected leader and well-known figure in West Bengal. Rahul Gandhi in particular was a big fan of hers. She appreciated recognition and advancement, but she didn’t like it when Congress used to give in to the left. She left the Congress at that point and joined the All-India Trinamool Congress in 2010.
She quickly ascended the TMC ladder because she had left the West Bengal group. She was chosen to serve as TMC’s general secretary and spokesperson. She was designated as the TMC’s candidate for the West Bengal seat of Karimpur in 2016. She was appointed as an MNA after winning the 2016 Assembly Elections. In the 2019 elections, she won a seat from Krishnanagar in the House of Representatives.
Mahua Moitra Husband
Mahua Moitra is a married woman whose marriage ended in divorce. Lars Brorson is the name of her ex-husband. It has been stated that Lars Brorson is a Danish financier. Mahua was originally from Scandinavia. In 2002, she tied the knot with Lars Brorson.
Facts About Mahua Moitra
- Mahua Moitra is a politician from India. She represents West Bengal’s Krishnanagar Constituency as an MP. She is a member of the Trinamool Congress of All India (TMC).
- Before entering politics, Mahua held the position of Vice President at JP Morgan in London.
- Since she was eighteen, politics has piqued her interest.
- When Moitra saw that all of her classmates from her ten-year college reunion were successful bankers, it inspired her to resign from her position. On that day, she made a promise to herself that she would not return to her college 20 years later as “just another managing director.”
- When she was a member of the West Bengal Youth Congress, she was Rahul Gandhi’s most trusted aide. She was a very successful leader of the Aam Admi ka Sipahi (AAKS) initiative.
- When she saw that Congress consistently made concessions to the Left, she decided to leave the Youth Congress because she disagreed with Left ideology.
- Her rallies have primarily focused on youth empowerment, work, and education. She has a close relationship with the young people in her constituency and frequently speaks to college students.
- On March 12, 2019, Mamata Banerjee declared Mahua Moitra the TMC’s candidate for the Krishnanagar Constituency in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections.
- She was elected as an MP after winning the Krishnanagar Constituency in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
- Her first speech to the Lok Sabha, in which she enumerated the “signs of early fascism,” went viral on social media and was dubbed the “speech of the year.”
Frequently Ask Question
Who is Mahua, the TMC leader?
Mahua Moitra, a member of the Trinamool Congress (TMC), was accused of receiving cash in exchange for a question, but the Lok Sabha Ethics Committee refused to present its report suggesting that she be expelled. Moitra stated she would provide her comments on the report only after it was presented in Parliament.
Who is the Bengali TMC Party’s Leader?
2011 saw Mamata Banerjee take on the role of Chief Minister of West Bengal for the first time after serving on the Union Cabinet on several occasions. After splitting from the Indian National Congress in 1998, she founded the All India Trinamool Congress (AITC or TMC), and later in 2001, she was elected as its second chairperson.
When did Mahua Moitra join politics?
Mahua Moitra began her political career in 2019 when she ran for the Lok Sabha and was elected as the AITC’s candidate.
Which Important Topics Has Mahua Moitra Discussed in Parliament?
Mahua Moitra is renowned for her well-spoken remarks on a range of topics, such as the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) and the National Register of Citizens (NRC). She has taken a strong stance on social and economic policy issues.