Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub is an Indian actor known for his contributions to Bollywood. He was born in Delhi, India, on March 20, 1983. Following his 2011 release of “No One Killed Jessica,” he went on to win praise for his parts in the movies “Raanjhanaa,” “Tanu Weds Manu Returns,” and “Raees.”
Recognized for his energetic performances, Ayyub moves between theater and film with ease. He has become well-known in the Indian entertainment industry thanks to his nuanced portrayals and compelling presence, winning praise from critics and viewers alike.
Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub wiki
|Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub
|Date of birth
|March 20, 1983
|5 feet 10 inch
|Okhla, Delhi, India Okhla, Delhi, India
|Kendriya Vidyalaya, Delhi, India
|Kirori Mal College, Delhi, India
National School of Drama (NSD), Delhi, India
|No One Killed Jessica (2011)
|Father: Not know
Mother: Not know
Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub’s Early Life
The actor attended Kendriya Vidyalaya for his final education after being born in Delhi, and then enrolled in Kirori Mal College, Delhi University, to pursue a B. Sc. degree. Even though his father was a teacher, both of his parents were passionate theater artists.
His mother is Hindu, but his father is Muslim. Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub discovered his campus’s theater society during his college years, and it caught his interest in several ways. Despite his early reluctance to enter the theater, his parents encouraged him to explore the many facets of acting. He then enrolled at the National School of Drama in New Delhi.
Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub’s Career
Zeeshan started his theatrical career as a performer during his college years. Following his graduation from NSD, he continued to pursue theater activities to an even greater extent. However, he made his Bollywood debut as the lead antagonist Monu in the 2011 historical thriller No One Killed Jessica.
Reviewers and viewers alike praised the film, which was based on the 1999 Jessica Lal murder case, and starred Vidya Balan and Rani Mukerji in pivotal roles. After making his debut, he played the friend of the heroes in movies like Jannat 2 starring Emraan Hashmi, and Mere Brother Ki Dulhan starring Imran Khan.
View this post on Instagram
Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub took a leave of absence from his regular roles to play Arif Azmi, Shahid’s elder brother, in the biographical drama Shahid, starring Rajkummar Rao. Critics gave the movie favorable reviews, and it went on to win two National Film Awards in 2014. After that, he starred in the highly anticipated movie Maazii, which garnered positive reviews despite the absence of well-known actors, with reviewers saying that it was a must-see. In the romantic comedy Tanu Weds Manu Returns, he portrayed a shameless and streetwise Chintu who falls in love with Tanu in 2015.
In addition to acting in films, he has portrayed several characters in web series. His web series include Bloody Brothers, Rangbaaz, A Simple Murder, Tandav, and 377 Ab Normal.
Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub Movies
- No One Killed Jessica
- Tanu Weds Manu
- Mere Brother Ki Dulhan
- Jannat 2
- Raja Natwarlal
- Dolly Ki Doli
- Tanu Weds Manu: Returns
- All Is Well
- Thugs of Hindostan
- Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi
- Article 15
- Arjun Patiala
- Mission Mangal
Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub Awards
- Raanjhanaa was a 2014 nominee for the Apsara Film Producers Guild Awards’ Best Performance in a Comedic Role.
- IBNLive Movie Awards 2014 Nominee for Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Raanjhanaa
- Nominee for the 2022 Indian Film and Television Awards’ Best Supporting Actor in a Series Tandav
- Zero won the 2019 Lions Gold Awards for Best Supporting Actor.
Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub 2023 Working
Manoj Bajpayee and Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub will star in Devashish Makhija’s upcoming Zee Studios film JORAM, which will have its world premiere at the 52nd International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR) in 2023.
Devashish Makhija is the director of the upcoming Zee Studios picture Joram, a survival thriller about a native man who has been exiled. It will make its debut in the world at the upcoming 52nd International Rotterdam Film Festival. Makhijafilm, an independent production company co-owned by curator-producer Anupama Bose and Devashish, collaborated on its production (IFFR). The film is having its world premiere in the Big Screen Competition at IFFR 2023.
Facts About Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub
- Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub: Does He Smoke? Not Found
- Is Alcohol Used by Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub? Not Found
- He was born into a family of theater professionals in Delhi’s Okhla, an industrial area.
- Both his mother and father were theater artists, though they passed away before Zeeshan gained notoriety.
- He enrolled in a B. Sc. program at Delhi’s Kirori Mal College after graduating from Kendriya Vidyalaya.
- He didn’t have much interest in acting or theater in school. But once he started college, he developed an interest in theater and joined a theater workshop.
- Following his graduation from Kirori Mal College, he moved to Mumbai in order to pursue a career in acting. But soon after, he came to the realization that he knew very little about acting and left for Delhi.
- Returning to Delhi, he considered pursuing a master’s degree in mathematics. In the meantime, the germ of his acting career was planted when a senior in his college encouraged him to enroll at the NSD.
- Following his completion of the NSD program, he was employed as a director of an acting school located in Dubai. But in December 2007, three months later, he was back.
- He was given a teaching position at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York in December of 2009. But all of a sudden, one of his classmates called. He expressed his desire to have him starring in the movie No One Killed Jessica.
- He appeared in numerous movies after No One Killed Jessica, including Jannat 2 and Mere Brother Ki Dulhan. But it was his portrayal of Murari in the 2013 Hindi film Raanjhanaa that catapulted him to fame.
- He has served as the protagonist’s close aide in the majority of his films.