Born on July 9, 1949, Nigel Lythgoe is a well-known English choreographer and television producer. Known for his collaboration on the wildly popular “So You Think You Can Dance” series, he has had a big impact on the dance and entertainment industries. Over several decades, Lythgoe judged episodes of both “Popstars” and “American Idol.”
His artistic contributions include creating several television programs that highlight his love of dance and finding new talent. Lythgoe’s reputation as a respected figure in the entertainment industry has been cemented by his influence on dance culture and reality television.
In this article, you will get to know about Nigel Lythgoe Networth, Age, Height, News, Wife, Career
Nigel Lythgoe Wiki
|producer and choreographer
|Date of birth
|July 9, 1949
|5 feet 11 inch
|Wallasey, Cheshire, England
|Father: Not know
Mother: Not know
|Simon Lythgoe, Kris Lythgoe
|180 million dollar
Nigel Lythgoe Early Life
On July 9, 1949, Nigel Lythgoe was born in Wirral, England. Since personal details about celebrities’ upbringing may not be as well documented, little is known about his early life and childhood. Nonetheless, it is well known that Lythgoe’s early love of dancing had a significant impact on his eventual career in the entertainment sector.
He co-created the well-known dance competition series “So You Think You Can Dance” and made numerous contributions to other television shows as a judge and producer. Over time, he rose to prominence in the field of television production and choreography.
Nigel Lythgoe Career
In the 1970s, Lythgoe had his first chance to perform as a dancer. He was given the chance to perform for Gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse. He was Ben Veeren’s choreographer for a long time. Eventually, he was promoted to Head of Entertainment. Nigel was a producer on popular television programs such as Blind Date and Gladiators.
View this post on Instagram
He served as a judge on Popstars, a reality show. A proposal to direct and executive produce Survivor was made to him. He is also the creator of Pop Idol. It developed into a multi-national franchise that features the popular program American Idol. He joined American Idol as a producer in 2002.
Additionally, he made an appearance as a judge on So You Think You Can Dance on the Fox Television Network. He and his friend Fuller co-founded Big Red 2 Entertainment in 2009.
Nigel Lythgoe’s Height and Weight
As of 2023, Nigel Lythgoe, who was born on July 9, 1949, is 73 years old. He weighs 75 kg and stands 5 feet 11 inch.
Nigel Lythgoe Networth
As of December 2023, Nigel Lythgoe’s estimated net worth is $180 million. His primary sources of income are acting and TV show production. We don’t know the precise salary amount, but it is enormous given his current net worth.
It’s obvious that Nigel Lythgoe is among the most gifted and diligent individuals one has encountered in a while. Young people look up to him, and he has consistently impressed critics and audiences with his work over the years.
Nigel Lythgoe’s Wife and Relationship
Nigel Lythgoe wed Bonita Shawe in the year 174. He was a choreographer for the BBC’s Young Generation Dance Troupe when he first got to know her. In addition, Bonita is a qualified judge; at the time, she was presiding over the inaugural season of So You Think You Can Dance. She was a judge on the Australian version of the show for its first three seasons.
The couple’s relationship did not work out, and in 2010 they decided to get a divorce. Their two sons from their marriage are Simon and Kristopher Lythgoe. Among their five grandchildren are Kyan, Tighe, Dominie, George, and Leonardo.
Facts About Nigel Lythgoe
- Dance Experience: Nigel Lythgoe has experience with choreography and dance. He worked as a dancer and choreographer in numerous productions and with well-known artists before going into television production.
- Co-creator of “So You Think You Can Dance”: Lythgoe’s most well-known credit is that she co-created the wildly popular dance competition series “So You Think You Can Dance,” which has won praise from critics all over the world for celebrating a variety of dance forms.
- “American Idol” Involvement: He was a judge on the British original “Popstars” and went on to produce and judge on the American version of the show, helping it gain traction in its early seasons.
- Pioneer of Reality TV: Lythgoe is regarded as a pioneer in the field of reality television, having been instrumental in the growth and popularity of talent- and dance-based programs.
- Honors and Awards: In recognition of his services to the entertainment industry, he has been bestowed with a number of honors and awards, including nominations for an Emmy for his work on “American Idol” and “So You Think You Can Dance.”
- Philanthropy: Nigel Lythgoe has supported organizations that promote dance education and youth development, among other charitable endeavors.
- Knighthood: In recognition of his contributions to the performing arts and charitable endeavors, he was named an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in 2015.
- Social Media Presence: Lythgoe is present on social media sites, where he interacts with followers and frequently offers insights into his creative process.
Frequently Ask Question
Nigel, So You Think You Can Dance, What Happened to Him?
Fans discovered that Nigel Lythgoe had been replaced as a judge when SYTCD season 17 premiered. Still, he’s expressing his desire to go back. One of the many regular series that COVID-19 forced to be postponed was So You Think You Can Dance, and former judge Nigel Lythgoe would like to return to the program.
Who is the Voice Judge Nigel?
On July 9, 1949, Nigel Lythgoe was born in Wirral, England, United Kingdom. Known for his work on American Idol (2002), Gladiators (1992), and So You Think You Can Dance (2005), he is a writer and producer. He was previously wed to.
To Whom is Nigel Lythgoe Wed?
A former dancer from Britain, Bonita Lythgoe has been producing and directing theater shows, including pantomimes, since the 1990s and 2000s. At the age of 19, Lythgoe tried out for the BBC’s Young Generation dance company in 1969; Nigel, her future husband, was one of the members of the group.