Actor Sunil Lahri was born in Damoh, Madhya Pradesh, India, on January 9, 1961. He gained notoriety for playing Lakshman in the 1980s television series “Ramayan.” Based on the Hindu epic Ramayana, the show made him a well-known figure. After “Ramayan,” Lahri went on to act in more movies and TV shows. Even though her private life is kept relatively quiet, Lahri is still regarded as a prominent figure in Indian entertainment.
In this article, you will learn about Sunil Lahri’s Wiki, Age, Height, Career, Networth, Wife, and Ayodhya Ram Mandir.
Sunil Lahri Wiki
|Date of birth
|9 January 1961
|5 feet 9 inch
|Damoh, Madhya Pradesh, India
|The Naxalites (1980)
|Father: Dr. Shikhar Chandra Lahri
Mother: Tara Lahri
|1 million dollar
Sunil Lahri Career
Sunil Lahri’s film career hasn’t been particularly noteworthy. His desire to work in movies drove him from Bhopal to Mumbai.
In 1980, Sunil made his screen debut in Khwaja Ahmed Abbas’s film “The Naxalites,” which starred Mithun Chakraborty and Smita Patil in the lead roles. Despite being a box office bomb, the film didn’t take long for Sunil to find employment in Mumbai. He then made an appearance in the musical Baharon Ke Manzil in 1991.
After finding little success in movies, Sunil turned to television, where he became well-known, particularly for playing “Lakshman” in Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan.
He appeared in several teleserials before Ramadan, such as Dada-Dadi Ki Kahaniya and Vikram Aur Betaal. In 1990, he landed another hit TV show, Param Vir Chakra, following Ramayan. He made an appearance as Second Lieutenant Rama Raghoba Rane in Param Vir Chakra.
Facts About Sunil Lahri
- The birthplace and upbringing of Sunil Lahri is Damoh, Madhya Pradesh.
- He portrayed “Sunil” in the Bollywood movie “Phir Aayee Barsat” in 1985. Before the film’s release, Indira Gandhi also sent her best wishes.
- For his role as “Lakshman” in Ramanand Sagar’s epic Indian historical drama television series “Ramayan,” Sunil is most known.
- People began to believe that the trio from Ramayan—Ram, Lakshman, and Sita, respectively—played by Arun Govil, Sunil Lahri, and Deepika Chikhalia—were the real Ram, Lakshman, and Sita.
- He returned to the role of “Lakshman” in 1988 for the Ramayan series “Luv Kush,” which Ramanand Sagar also produced.
- He made an appearance on DD National’s hit TV series Param Veer Chakra in the same year, portraying Second Lieutenant Rama Raghoba Rane.
- He made his screen debut as Vinod Khanna’s son Ashwani Mehra in the 1995 Bollywood film “Janam Kundli.”
- 2012 saw the passing of Sunil’s father, Dr. Shikar Chandra Lahiri, a professor at a Madhya Pradesh medical college. His father had given his body to the J K Medical College’s forensic department in Bhopal.
Sunil Lahri Reacted to Not Being Invited to the Ayodhya Ram Mandir Inauguration!
The renowned television series Ramayan, in which actor Sunil Lahri portrayed the character of Laxman, has not received an invitation to attend the dedication of the Ayodhya Ram temple. The invitation has been sent, nevertheless, to Arun Govil and Dipika Chikhlia, who costarred with Sunil in Ramayan as Ram and Sita, respectively.
While he expressed curiosity about his exclusion from the event in an interview with Etimes, Sunil insisted that it didn’t bother him. According to the actor, one need not receive invitations repeatedly if they are the host of a function. He does believe that having the opportunity to be a part of an event that would go down in history would have made him feel good, though.
View this post on Instagram
The inauguration ceremony is scheduled for January of the following year.
Sunil Lahri speculated that the organizers might not have liked him personally or may not have thought his portrayal of Laxman was significant enough to warrant an invitation. Sunil was taken aback to learn that nobody from the Ramayan cast had been invited to the function.
Frequently Ask Question
In the Ramayana Ramanand Sagar, Who is Lakshman?
In an interview with a portal, Sunil Lahri, who played Lakshman in Ramanand Sagar’s “Ramaya,” shared his thoughts on the matter, saying, “I believe both of them will do justice to the subject.” Ranbir is a great fit for the role of Ram and is capable of giving a strong performance.
Who is Laxman’s Twin Brother?
Ayodhya’s prince, Shatrughna (Sanskrit: शत्रुघ्न; romanized: śatrughna, lit. ‘killer of enemies’) is the brother of Prince Rama in the Hindu epic Ramayana. He goes by Ripudaman (vanquisher of foes) as well. He is Lakshmana’s twin.